Hello Friday rockers!
Its that time of the week again to find all the positive stuff that rocked your week!
If you don't know what I am talking about pop over to Virginia's blog and check it out!
*On Saturday I went to my sister's for waffles!She has just bought a waffle maker after the ladies at our retreat brought one with them and treated us to a huge pile of waffles! My sister made waffles with whipped cream, maple syrup and fresh strawberries-delish! She also announced some pretty big news to me...her and her partner are getting married next year! Biggest rocking news of the month! She proposed to him as it was a leap year which I think is so sweet!
I photographed my 2 kids in their Big Bang Theory t-shirts on Saturday so I could do a little page in my journal.I love my little N.E.R.D's (not even remotely dorky!) so much!!!
Also on Saturday I went with my sister while she got her tattoo done. She wanted a dandelion clock but couldn't find one she liked so I drew this one for her as part of her birthday present. It looks really good!
* On Sunday hubby and me went to the cinema to watch This means war. We have not been out together in sooooo long so we had a lovely evening and the film was really funny.
* On Monday I had to buy a new office chair as two wheels fell off my other one. I also bought a bright pink filing cabinet for all my work files and spent a happy 2 hours filing everything, sad but true!
* Tuesday afternoon was spent with my sister discussing wedding plans. We both could not believe the cost of getting married in this day and age! They don't want a big fancy wedding as they have both done that before, they just want to go to the registry office and then have a BBQ and a party, but the price of hiring somewhere to hold a party and BBQ left us reeling. Its a challenge now to come up with a beautiful day for them as cheap as we can!!!
* Wednesday was a horrible day, work rubbish still going on and driving me insane..I hate politics and petty behaviour! The only positive I found for today was watching my little robin in the garden eating the fruit cake crumbs I put out for him! I tried to get a photo but every time I reached for my camera he flew away.
* Thursday started off bad when I got a phone call from the school to say my son had had an accident in PE and could I go and collect him and take him to A&E as he'd split his chin open and they thought it needed stitching. I rang my friend Tee who is head nurse at A&E to see if she was at work, she was at home but she came and picked me up, collected my son and then glued and steri stripped his wound! What an amazing friend she is, thanks so much Tee! My son is fine, just another scar to add to the collection!
Then we had parents evening that night. Isn't it so nice to hear wonderful things about your children?! His teachers are all so impressed with him, his natural abilities, his hardworking ethics, his A* grades in all his subjects, it was so lovely for him that his teachers recognise all his hard work and effort and lovely for me to hear great stuff about him. His science teachers said they know they are going to be seeing his name all over the scientific world in about ten years time!!! (I know, I'm boasting now but I am such a proud mummy so please forgive me!)
* And today, I have just been given a really generous donation of gardening equipment for my ladies group so they can start their allotment. My next door neighbour and my father in law between them have given us, forks, spades, hoes, rakes, shears, seeds, twine, plant feeder, trowels and much more! It is so wonderful to encounter such generosity when the news is always so full of doom and gloom.
Also this week, Paige is fairly certain that The union of Bella and Oakley has been fruitful and that Bella is going to have puppies! Way to go Bella and Oak's, especially as Paige outed Oak's on Facebook when he didn't get straight to business!!!!
So that was my rocking week, and a really good one it was too!
Here are a couple of AJ pages I have done over the last 2 weeks...can you tell that work was peeing me off!
My graffiti on this one leaves a lot to be desired, maybe I need to ask Sarah (Flo) for lessons!!!
Really enjoyed layering up loads of circles for this one. Doing art in my journal always manages to calm me down and help take some of the stress out of the situation for me!
And this is last weeks Five for Friday challenge over at Lauries blog
The challenge was list your five favourite books, and that was way to hard for me to list just five so I did five books in three different categories so I could list more!!!
I will come and have a looky at all your rocking posts over the weekend as I have to go out to a meeting now.