Thursday, 27 January 2011
Wednesday, 19 January 2011
Then I did a page of what I hope my canvas will look like and explored the themes we were given this week.
Sunday, 16 January 2011
I used Caran D'ache watercolour crayons and acrylic paints.
I just wanted to say thank you for all the lovely comments about my son. He has spoken to his year head and has to fill in a form from student services and then the year head will deal with it. Hopefully it will get sorted, if it doesn't I will go to the school. I want to give him the chance to sort it out himself before I step in!
Saturday, 15 January 2011
Friday, 14 January 2011
Thanks for listening to my ramblings,
Tuesday, 11 January 2011
Sunday, 9 January 2011
This is the inside front cover
Some of the pages showing the stitching. I didn't have any waxed linen thread so I doubled up some hand quilting thread and ran it through some beeswax (left over from my quiltmaking days!).
I wanted to decorate the front cover, but not all of it, so I used masking tape to mark a square off in the centre. I then gessoed it.
I used my heat gun to dry the gesso and then covered the square with a thick layer of texture paste. I then stamped a dragonfly image into the wet paste. I used the heat gun again to dry it...which took a while!
Tuesday, 4 January 2011
A whimsy of my daughter and me! (this ones not quite finished!)
I added sequins and sparkle to this one.
Sunday, 2 January 2011
or view it here at YouTube