Tuesday, 13 March 2012

Five for Friday and a new canvas

It is week 6 of Five for Friday, run by Laurie over at her blog.
This week it was to record five times in your past that were worthy of the word AMAZING.

 I sat and did this page in front of the TV the other night. It is just coloured pen as I can't paint from my sofa!

It was suppossed to be our crop on saturday but people had to work or had other plans so I just stayed at home, told the kids to ignore me as I wasn't here and got on and did a mixed media painting on canvas. I used texture paste through a couple of crafters workshop stencils and then used Dylusions inks and sprays over the top. I also used stickles and glimmer mist and silver acrylic paint. I did the chakras just in silver instead of the colours they are supposed to be as I didn't want them to clash! The painting represents the earth energies drawn up through the body reaching up to the cosmic energies.

TFL
Sami x

6 comments:

Milla said...

Wow, I really like your Five for Friday page! Amazing ;) what you can do with pens! I'm not much of a doodler myself so I love seeing others' beautiful doodled pages.
Love your canvas with the chakras as well :)

craftattack said...

Beautiful work Sami - love the journal pages, and the canvas is really amazing! Hugs, Valerie

Sherry Edwards said...

Oh Sam, your five page is totally AMAZING in itself! How clever just using pens too - wonderful! (It made interesting reading too!) xx

Virginia said...

Wow that canvas is gorgeous!

Jamie said...

Another amazing work Sam

laurie said...

your fff page is so colorful and confetti-like! celebrating the memory of these moments makes me feel so lucky. and your painting is beautiful. i need to remember how giving the earth is with her energy and tap into it more often.