Hello! I thought I would join up with Rocking your world friday this year. This is hosted by Virginia over on her Celtic House blog.
It's all about listing the things you are grateful for or the things that rocked your week-pop over to her blog, she explains it all much more eloquently!
I always read Carmens rocking posts and it often makes me think what good stuff has happened in my week, so I thought I would give it a go, I can't promise I will post every week but I will try!
Sooooooo, whats been good this week?
- Spending New Year with my Sister, her partner and my nephew. We played dance central, watched Sarah milligans new DVD-so funny, ate lots of nibbles and generally had a fab evening.
- Playing on the Wii with my hubby and kids, I know this sounds pretty basic but we havn't all played together in so long and the kids can be so funny, making comments about losing and dancing around being really silly. When I stood back and watched them for a minute it really did make me smile. They are such great kids and I am so proud of them!
- I am grateful for the xmas and birthday money I recieved, it means I can spend it on arty stuff without feeling guilty!
- Seeing my little robin in the garden. He always appears when I am worrying about something and I like to think he pops up just to let me know everyhting will be ok.
- And finally, the wonderful ladies of the friendship group, for all the extra work everyone is putting in to organise our new year party and all the enthusiasm they bring to it. Let me explain, I work as a friendship group co-ordinator for an organisation called Equals. I run groups for women from ethnic minority backgrounds (the Isle of Wight has a very small % of ethnic minorities and lots of these women can feel socially isolated).The groups provide a safe place to come and make friends, take part in activities, get some training, get involved with the community and learn new skills.They are the most wonderful bunch of women I have ever met. They are so supportive of each other, always enthusiastic to part in activities and so kind and generous. This week I was working on stuff to update our display board as we have an event coming up. I had seen an idea on Pinterest and thought, perfect, we can all make that together at the group. The ladies had so much fun, choosing their hairstyles and drawing their faces on and we created this for our display board.It also promoted discussion about judging people by their skin colour and other issues, so all in all a great session this week.If you want, you can check out our website.http://www.equalsiw.org.uk/
Well, thats quite a lot of things to be thankful for this week! Its so good to be able to make this list, so often we get bogged down by the moaning and groaning, not having enough, being fed up with our work, our weight etc.that we forget that often its the littlest things in life that make us happy, and they are normally the most important!