Hello! It's been ages again, I know. Work is hectic and the sun is out!
Just a quick catch up on some art and a really quickie rockin post.
I did this canvas as I wanted to practise blending my faces with my new prismacolour pencils and I wanted to try using beeswax over the finished piece. I definitely need to practise with the beeswax as I put way too much on to start with and then had to reheat it and take it off!
I have been doing some pages in my pair journal ready to send back to Sue.
My theme is round and round.
Sue had added doilies to this page and I wanted to try and bring out the detail on them. Watercolour didn't work very well so I went over them with oil pastels. I drew the dream catcher and have left space if Sue wants to add anything.
This page is a mix of brown wrapping paper, scrapbook paper, stencils, ink and texture paste.
Water colours and stencils and plenty of room to add stuff.
Sue had made these 'holey' pages which looked to me like a tunnel. I added the trees to the left hand side and some pop up elements to add more depth. On the right hand side I used a tree stencil, a leaf stencil with texture paste and have started a bit of a story which I am hoping Sue will add too!
Sue had done the text and border background on this page and I added some large texture paste circles and drizzled acrylic ink down the page.
I may get the chance to do a bit more before I send it off, but if not I'm happy with it!
Right, Rocking stuff, only 4 days late!
* The sunshine! How lovely to be able to sit in the garden reading a good book.
* Stu's birthday on Friday. We went to Newport so he could spend his birthday pennies in the sport shop. He bought me two lovely long flowing skirts and a sun hat as well. We had friends and family round in the evening and we sat in the garden enjoying the weather having a laugh-wonderful evening.
* embracing my inner hippy! I have decided I am going to embrace the true me, the pagan/tree hugging/Crystal loving hippy wanna be, including the way I dress. I always used to be a bit out there with my style before becoming a mummy and getting big. I constantly worry what I look like but now I am saying to hell with that...I want to wear the long skirts and the DM's and I don't care what I look like!!!
* Grateful to Amazon for good book prices. I have had a crystal book in my wish list for about a year, RRP £30, Amazon price £25, until last week when I checked and it had gone down to £13-yay, it fell it my basket and arrived last week...I have been engrossed ever since.
* Grateful for Reiki share and a much need chill out last week.Also that I can give reiki to my sister to calm her down ready for her op this week.
There's much more that I am grateful for, but my kids are calling me to go and sit outside with them!