Monday 16 April 2012

Five for Friday and some drawings-Warning, one a bit naughty!

Hi! Just catching up with a few things here in blogland. I have been really pushed for time lately and have not spent much time on blogs at all so sorry if I have not visited your blog as often as I normally do!

Just a little warning if you are of a sensitive nature-one of my drawings below is a little on the naughty side-but totally in context-so I hope I don't offend anyone!

This is my week 11 Five for Friday page. The challenge is run by Laurie over at her blog. This week was list five things you consider lucky.
Now, I am a bit OCD so I really pay attention to signs and things that pop up in my life, especially the number 5-that's my lucky number.

 Other lucky signs for me are the robin that appears in my garden, dragonflies, white feathers and as I couldn't really think of another personal one I included the four leaf clover. I tried to do 2 image transfers on this page but they didn't come out very well! I used Dylusions paints and sprays, stencils and a white tippex pen.


I have been doing some Faerie drawings over the last few days (as I am hoping to take part in classes to make a faerie doll).


I have really enjoyed sitting in the evenings just doodling away at these drawings while watching the TV with the kids.


Yesterday I was thinking about our May Day celebrations this year which I am organising and as I sat doodling in the evening this came out! The poem is one I wrote last year for May Day and is about the sacred union of the God and Goddess which brings the summer back to the earth. I know it's a bit 'naughty' but i love how its turned out and may see if I can turn it into a painting.

A couple of weeks ago I also made this this little leather journal for Paige for her birthday. I used my wood burning pen to draw the pentacle on the front cover and then I roughed up the edges of the pages and inked them so they looked old.

Well, that's it for today, thanks for dropping by,
Sami x

6 comments:

Carmen said...

I really hope that one day you compile all your poems and art and get them published. Even for someone like me who isn't Pagan but interested in it, it's beautiful... it should be with your typography too, not typewritten. What a gorgeous book that would be. The painting also is a wonderful idea.

Love the other things you've been working on too, can't wait to see your doll!

Lucky Paige with that book :)

You've not missed much over at mine - just me bouncing back and forth between blogger and Typepad like a looney toon *g* I do have a giveaway on at the mo though ;)

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely work, and I adore your drawing! It's not naughty either, just about loving, and that's always good! Have a good week, hugs, Valerie

Sherry said...

Naughty but nice! Beautiful more like! Love your Faerie drawings too and I bet Paige was thrilled with her leather journal x

Joanna said...

I don't know about naughty, but I do think he's looking horny!!

Beautiful artwork, of course. Your fairies have a great look about them. They look like they could be a bit naughty too :o)

Paige's journal is STUNNING, I've no doubt she was a very happy girl.

x

Virginia said...

It's all gorgeous in particular your 'naughty' picture which I didn't find naughty or offensive at all - you are an amazing artist! Love all your work!

Sherry said...

Thanks for the welcome comment over on the Collabor-ATE blog Sam, I'm looking forward to joining in xx