It is Rocking Friday again and I am actually posting on a Friday! Hook up with our host Virginia if you want to play along.
* On Sunday it was Oakley's 2nd birthday (the black and tan cocker spaniel in the photo and the golden ones Willow, his older half sister).He is such a little dufus dog but we love him dearly. They had just had a bath in the photo so still look a little damp!They had a big meaty bone each for Oakley's birthday treat.
*Also on Sunday, Caleb and me took the dogs to this little secluded beach we know so they could have a good run and a swim in the sea. I also needed to collect some more sea glass for the mobiles I am making. The beach was deserted and we spent a lovely hour watching the dogs having fun and searching amongst the shingle for glass.
*My wonderful Hubby bought me a beautiful bunch of flowers on Sunday. He knows I love these big cabbage rose flowers so he searched through them all and found the biggest one for me. What a sweetie he is.
* The rain has really been coming down this week, but I did see this beautiful rainbow from my back doorstep. The photo isn't great, the rainbow was really vibrant and huge.
*I also spent some time with my nephew this week as he was down for a few days from Crawley. He will be 17 next month and I have to wonder where the time has gone when I see him and he's so tall and grown up now.
* My new hoody finally arrived this week. I have been waiting 7 weeks for it to turn up. It is a beautiful purple and turquoise patchwork type one from Joe Brown and I just had to have it!
* I ordered the first of the Xmas presents this week from Amazon and they have arrived and been put away from prying eyes! I do need to get more organised as these are all I have bought so far.
* I have been working on secret Yule gifts for my pagan family the last couple of weeks. We always make gifts for each other to celebrate Yule, rather than get caught up in the commercialism that is Xmas!! I do think a handmade gift can be so much more thoughtful most times and I have enjoyed working out how I am going to put my gifts together.
That's about it for this week, it's been a very quiet week with me mostly working and not getting much else done.
I finished a painting I was working on last week. I am pleased with the end result and find I am really enjoying the freedom of this abstract style art.I used acrylics, ink sprays, texture paste, stencils and paint pens.
I have no idea what to call this painting, any ideas???
Thanks for popping by,