Wow, I hear you exclaim, two rocking posts in one week! That's to make up for all the weeks I have missed!
If you don't know what RYWF is all about (why not?) then pop over to our hosts blog and check it out.
* What has rocked my world the most this week was taking part in Ryde Arts Parade with the fabulous Equals Friendship Group. (photos and video should be on the Equals website next week, worth a look if only to giggle at me dancing!)
Although a hell of a lot of hard work and stress to make the costumes and organise everything it was well worth it on the day. This years theme was cultural celebrations throughout the calendar year and we were given Guy Fawkes as our celebration.
We had a special mix of music put together for us by my volunteers son and it was a mix of Fire by Arthur Brown, fire starter by the prodigy and fireworks by Katy Perry. Unfortunately the carnival centre gave us a dead battery on our sound system so we didn't have our music on the way round, but we made up for it when we performed in the Gala afterwards on stage!
My Daughter Shelby
My Husband, Stewart on the left, Arums Husband and my brother in law, being our stewards for the day, carrying all our water bottles and first aid kit and pushing the dead sound system all the way round the streets of Ryde!
Before we set off
Lining up ready to set off
Performing our dance moves, without the music at the top of Union Street in Ryde
The back of our costumes as we head along the seafront.
(All photos taken by the fab Travis Lumpkin!)
We all had so much fun and we won a trophy for third place for costume design.
* Fresh potato's and peas from my sons allotment
*Making baby shower banners at work yesterday for our first Equals baby!
* Finishing the shades of grey trilogy..oh my!
*Two broke girls on E4...this does make me laugh.
* Reiki share group this week. We had our auras photographed this week by a lovely lady called Charlotte. She took before photos that showed our auras and chakras and then we gave each other Reiki and had our photos taken again. Amazing results and her analysis of our personalities based on our aura colours was fantastic and spot on!
* The Wednesday Whine group. I know I don't get on their as often as I'd like, but all you ladies are fab! You can have a whine about anything and there's always a listening ear and a laugh to be had. Thank you ladies x
* And as always, I am grateful for my wonderful kids and hubby, who can always put a smile on my face.
Not a long list this week, and I am sure there were more moments, but these were my highlights!
I have managed to finish some pages in Sue's pair journal, as part of the swap on Collabor-art. The theme of Sue's journal is 'alphabetika'. We add to each others pages and start new ones for each other to play with.
I just added the stamped trees to this page
This page was book pages and gesso, paint and ink, a printed image which I drew over and then added the poem
Paint, ink, tissue paper and handcarved stamps and a bit of deciphering that Sue needs to do!
I added the parrot with the skull on this page and did the title with washi tape
I used a magazine image as a mask on this page and then covered the page with gesso.
This was Sue's braille page which I loved. I added chalk ink to highlight the Braille, some stamps and a cut up postcard.
I used newspaper headlines as the background then gessoed over it, added red paint, a text stamp and an image from a magazine.
I loved this page of Sue's so I only added the handcarved 'confidential' and raven stamp and the little dancing skeletons around the outside.
Sue had made this mini journal to go in the pocket on the left. I added some Morse code for her to decipher.
I am really enjoying working on this pair journal, although am still struggling a bit with adding stuff to Sue's pages in case she doesn't like them!
Thanks for looking