Monday 6 September 2010

The Sketchbook project

My sketchbook for the Sketchbook project finally arrived!! I have been waiting ages for it, with much excitement and now that its here.....
... I have not got a clue what to do with it!
The theme I chose was 'sorry I forgot you' as I thought that would give me quite a lot of scope, some of the other themes I didn't even get!!!
I have been creating quite happily in my own journal, some good pages and some not so good, but it hasn't bothered me if they have not come out as I hoped. But now all my insecurities are creeping back at the thought of filling this book with ART that other people will want to look at. What if all my pages turn out crap, what if all my ideas are rubbish, what if in 3 weeks I still can't think of anything to put in it??????ARGGGHHH it's scrapbook apprentice all over again! Worry, worry, worry instead of create, create, create!
Maybe I just need a good slap?!!
TFL
Sami x

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You will do fine!! all your journals are fab. chill out and let it flow. xxx love you

Paige said...

SLAP!!!!!!! your art pages are ALL stunning!!!!! and everything you do in the journal will be well worth looking at. i can't wait to see the pages as you do them.

Unknown said...

What Paige said! Including the slap!

Your journal pages are all beautiful - even the ones you have said you aren't happy with I think are beautiful.

Jamie said...

It will be AMAZING! Your work consistently blows me away.

Unknown said...

Hiya Sam,

I looked up this project when you talked about it before. It looks fantastic. And how brilliant to be a part of it. I'm excited for you. And your artwork and journalling are incredible so I have no doubt your sketch book will be amazing too ;0) I'd love to see it before you send it away.

xxxx

laurie said...

i'm so glad to know someone else doing a sketchbook! we will have to keep in touch and motivate each other - i am worried that, with all the other stuff i'm working on, i won't get it done in time. your theme and plan for it sound so intriguing.